Pages

Sunday, August 16, 2020

Gyudon

COVID-14

During this pandemic, getting food from the school canteen posed a problem to my kids. So I had to search up the internet for easy and fast to cook meals to prepare and let them bring to school for lunch. I found this Gyudon recipe from Just One Cookbook. It is a very easy and quick recipe to dish out a delicious meal for them.

Pardon my photo-taking skills 😅 . Doesn't look very appetizing, but trust me, it is delicious!

I repeat the recipe here just in case the recipe goes missing from the link....

Ingredients :

360g sliced beef
1 onion
3 large eggs
Scallions

For the sauce :
2 tsp of sugar
2 tbps of mirin
2 tbps of sake
1 tbp of soya sauce


Method :
1) Place oil into the frying pan and fry the onion till soft and fragrant.
2) Put in the sugar and beef slices and fry till pinkish.
3) Put in the other ingredients needed for the sauce.
4) Let it simmer for a while .
5) Pour in the lightly beaten eggs just before switching off the fire.
6) Add in the scallions.


After thoughts : 
1) For about a quantity of 300g beef, I would triple the amount of sauce as my children love the sauce over their rice.
2) A versatile dish which you could use either chicken, beef or pork.
3) I usually add in some water to ‘top-up’ the amount of sauce. But, please don't overdo it, otherwise, the taste will be diluted.

No comments:

Post a Comment