Pages

Sunday, August 16, 2020

Mushroom Soup

 COVID-15

Since I found this recipe and cooked it, no one in my family likes the Caxxpbxll mushroom soup anymore. Even my friends and relatives would had tasted it was pretty amazed by it.

However, during the COVID period, everyone in Singapore had reduced their outings and started cooking and baking more at home. I wanted to cook this soup for the past few months and was not able to get one of the main ingredients - Cream Cheese! It was out of stock everywhere. I think everyone had been trying their hands out on the Burnt Cheesecake.

I could not find the original website anymore and because it was an easy recipe, I just remembered it and adjusted according to my family's preferences.

Diced mushrooms

Diced mushrooms               Diced onions

Softened mushrooms            Blend ingredients




The smooth and tasty mushroom soup


Ingredients :
About 500g of white button mushrooms, diced
1 whole yellow onion, diced
120g cream cheese (half a block), cut into smaller pieces
1L chicken stock
Salt
Black Pepper
Butter (for frying the onion)

Method
1) Heat up the pot and melt butter.
2) Pour in the onions and stir fry till soft and fragrant
3) Put the diced mushrooms in the pot and fry till soft. Do not add water as the stir-frying will release the water from the mushrooms. Turn the heat down and simmer for a while.
4) Pour in the chicken stock and continue simmering, for approx 20 min.
5) Add in the cream cheese.
6) Use a hand blender and blend all the ingredients together with the soup till smooth.
7) Add salt and black pepper to taste.


After thoughts :
1) I only added half a block of cream cheese as my family did not like soups too creamy. I remembered that the original recipe actually required one full block (250g)
2) I also added some water (on top of the chicken stock). Be careful, too much water will result in the soup being too watery.
3) Usually I fry the black pepper together with the onions first so as to release the aroma of the pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment