Pages

Friday, May 13, 2022

Sourdough Focaccia

I have been wanting to learn the making of sourdough bread for the longest time as many have told me about the healthier benefits as compared to instant-yeasted bread. Finally, found one place that fits my time and the syllabus sounds right - TBB (Tiong Bahru Bakery).

Finally I have my sourdough bread!

But, it didn't seem very well received at home due to the "tougher" crust. So I went in search of variations for sourdough and I found a sourdough focaccia recipe on an Instagram account that I was following (@honeybeesweets.sg) and it was a hit!



Ingredients
250g bread flour
65g levain (feed starter 1:1:1 and proof 3 hours)
5g sea salt
185-190ml water
15g butter
100g mozzarella

Toppings
15-18 cherry tomatoes, rinsed and halved
4-5 tbsp roasted garlic oil
6-8 clovers roasted garlic, smashed
small bunch of basil, torn


Method
1) Mix all the dough ingredients together. Leave for 30 mins
2) Coil fold and repeat for 3 more times every 30 mins.
3) Place dough on baking dish greased with garlic oil. Stretch out the dough and leave it to proof for 2-3 hours.
4) Drizzle with garlic oil and dimple the dough. Add cherry tomatoes, roasted garlic & cheese
5) Bake 25-28 mins at 215degrees. Remove and add basil.


Notes
1) Again, my oven has to be at about 200deg
2) I proof my levain for more than 3 hours as my starter is taken out directly from the fridge 











  

No comments:

Post a Comment