Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2020

Rock Buns

COVID - 10

If I don't remember wrongly, Rock Buns was the first practical lesson that we had during Home Economics class (aka FCE nowadays). When I saw this recipe, I thought, Hey! I can get my daughter to start baking with this easy cookie....


Ingredients
(makes about 20 cookies of dia 5cm)

(A)
200g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
100g butter

(B) 
100g sugar
100g raisins

(C)
1 egg
3 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla essence


Method :
1) Preheat the oven to 185deg.
2) Cut the butter into small cubes. After finishing, put the butter back into the fridge to let the butter harden up a little while preparing the other items.
3) Mix the ingredients in (C)
4) Sift the flour, baking powder and salt. Place the butter in. Use the rub-in method till the mixture resemble breadcrumbs
5) Stir in (B) followed by (C)
6) Scoop a tsp of batter onto lined baking tray.
7) Bake in oven for about 20 - 25 min or till cookie turns golden brown.


After thoughts :
1) For my oven, 170deg

No comments:

Post a Comment