Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2021

Black Pepper Shrimp & Squid

 COVID-18

The family started to grumble about the same old dishes that the helper has been putting on the dinner table. They rarely grumble.... so, I think I really need to make some different dishes to satisfy their palate.

Came across this Black Pepper Shrimp recipe on Rasa Malaysia website but I have limited shrimps in my fridge so I decided to dump my sotongs into the dish instead. It works as well! (The recipe below is a direct instructions from Rasa Malaysia - link as above. For my dish, I just added some sotong)


Ingredients:
340g prawns
1 tsp black peppercorn
2 tbsps melted butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp Chinese rice wine
1 tsp sugar
1 pinch salt
1 tbsp chopped scallion

Method:
1. Deshell prawns but keep tail on
2. Lightly pound the black peppercorns using a mortal and pestle until they are coarsely cracked. 
3. Heat up a skillet and add the melted butter on medium heat.
4. Saute garlic and black pepper until aromatic. 
5. Add prawns and stir to combine
6. Add oyster sauce, stir a few times. Add sugar and then wine. 
7. Stir fry until the prawns are cooked. Add scallion. Stir to mix well and dish out. Serve immediately.

Notes:
- I tend to add the wine at the last second before dishing out.
- For my sotong, I would cook them first before the prawns.




No comments:

Post a Comment