Pages

Saturday, April 18, 2020

Nasi Lemak

Due to the COVID situation and Stay-At-Home situation, there is a need for me to cook more regularly. So, I will term this as COVID - 1 :) though it is not the first dish that I made during these trying times.

I cam across this easy recipe for Nasi Lemak on a food blogger, Dinogoozatfood. I had just used the recipe for the rice itself and not the chicken skewers.



I am repeating her recipe here :

Ingredients :

Nasi Lemak Recipe

1.5 cups of rice

1.25 cups of coconut milk
1 cup water
1 thumb size ginger (pounded)
1 lemongrass (pounded)
1 pandan leave
1/8 tsp salt


Chicken Skewers/ Satay Recipe (without peanut sauce)

200g chicken meat (cut into chunks)
0.5 tsp corn flour
0.25tsp salt
1.5tsp curry powder
1/2tsp tumeric powder
1 tbps oyster sauce
1/2 tsp tumeric power
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1/2 tsp sesame oil
3 clove garlic, mashed


Method

For Rice : just mix all the ingredients together and put into rice cooker
For the Chicken Skewer : just mix the seasoning, marinate the chicken and put into the fridge, preferably overnight. Then grill.



After - thoughts :
1) I have used Kara's Coconut Cream 2 X 200ml (researched internet and it says that 1 cup coconut milk is equiv to 250ml) as I needed to cook 2.5 cups of rice. However, I will use Coconut Milk the next time as these cream simply just coagulated on top of the cooked rice and I needed to re-mix the rice. Inaddition, for the coconut cream, I did not use twice the amount as I also wanted to see how it covers the rice. I think it was the right decision. By almost doubling, my rice would have been 'porridge' :(.
2) Also, 2.5 cups of rice is not enough to feed my entire family.... 




No comments:

Post a Comment