Pages

Saturday, April 18, 2020

Stir-fry beef with ginger and scallion

COVID - 3

Beef is an important meat in my family as the children likes it. I have tried out the recipe from Rasa Malaysia a few times and find it easy and quite flavourful. Thus, I would like to repeat the recipe and method here. But do visit the page if you want.



Ingredients :
For the beef :
227g sliced beef
1 tsp cornstarch

For the sauce :
1 tbps oyster sauce
1 tsp maggi seadsoning
1 tsp sesame oil
4 tbps water
1 tsp cornstarch
1/2 tbps shaoxing wine
1 tsp suger
1/2 tsp salt
Dashes of white pepper powder

Others :
2 tbps oil
1-inch ginger, peeled and thinly shredded
3 stalks scallion, cut into 2-inch length

Method :
1) Coat the sliced beef with the cornstarch for 10 min.
2) Combine all the sauce ingredients, mix well and set aside
3) In a wok, heat up the oil until very high heat. Stir fry the shredded ginger until fragrant.
4) Toss in the beef and continue to stir-fry for a few minutes or until beef is almost cooked.
5) Add in the sauce and stir-fry a couple of times or until the sauce thickens.
6) Add in the scallions, stir dish out and serve.


After thoughts :
1) I have used double weightage of beef in my picture above as I have meat-eaters at home.
2) I always like to pour in a final dash of shaoxing wine at the end of the cooking for a flavour

No comments:

Post a Comment